June 14, 2009

The Weekend of Firsts

John Denver was once quoted in one of his songs saying... "Thank God I'm a country boy!"

Well I'm here to tell you, that John Denver was full of sh**!

This weekend was a get away weekend for me. Needless to say I had a very bad week, Brandt called me and said that I was gonna come down with him to Mt Pleasant with him to go to our friends sky house for the weekend. Now those of you that do not know, Mt Pleasant is just down the street from Ephraim, where I went to school for one year before my mission. To keep it short and simple.. I hate that town! So I was not really wanting to go. And honestly I was not in much of a mood at all to go out! I told him no a few times but he was a stubborn sucker and told me I was going and I better be ready when I get there! So I did just what my #1 told me to do! It ended up being a week of many firsts for me!

I ended up going down with Brandt, Kendall, Whitney and Sky!



The first night we went to the drive in movies... Kendall's truck defiantly was not a drive in truck... and we could not hear any of the sounds. But it looked good! :-) It was a great night.. we just chilled and talked and played! It was a great thing for me to just get away from the worries and have some stress free fun with great friends... I will say though... That night thanks to me there were 3 very happy girls!! 1 of them was double happy! ;-)

To this point I was starting to understand where Mr Denver was coming from. While I would not like to spend my life in the country it was nice to just get away! But my weekend of firsts was not quite finished.

Saturday we went down to Fairview (which is another hole in Utah) to ride horses! This was the FIRST time I had ever been on a horse!




It ended up being one of the funnest things I have done in awhile... But it didn't start off that way. When we got to Fairview we went to this little arena thing. They started assigning us horses. I was the last one to be assigned. They told me to hop on, so I did. I then continued how to work this thing and they told me to give it a gentle tap in the side to go... So I did! Laffy Taffy (that's the horses name) started to walk. I was thinking inside, "yeah! I can do this its no so hard.." And just then Laffy Taffy wanted to catch up to the other horses and started going faster... and faster.... and faster... and faster! Soon enough it was off! I didn't know what to do, how to control this animal that was 5 times my size, or how to get it to stop. As it approached the group the other horses, that had people on them, started scattering a bit. And everyone had to control their horses! I didn't know what to do and honestly i thought I was in big trouble. Laffy Taffy was not slowing down. All of a sudden i herd sky say, pull back on the ropes!!! So I did and finally got her under control with no damage done to myself! But after that bad incident they decided to put me on the horse called Angel... and mainly cause she was a angel. It was the horse that little girls rode their first times, cause she is so calm. And even if it was 1 step above a pony.. You know what I just had a life threatening moment and was happy to take Angel. Then we continued to ride the horses for about a hour or so, it started hailing, raining. But it was still a blast!

Then later that night we hit up the Hot Pots out there! They are naturally warmed water pots that didn't smell like sulfur! It was real nice and relaxing! It was a great weekend... A weekend I really needed... A weekend of first

First drive in movie with girls, first kisses, first 17 year older, first 40 year older, first time on a horse, first time almost getting killed by a horse, first time to the hot pots. And first time in a long time I was able to get out with my best friends and have a great time! Thank you all that were there! It was a blast!

2 comments:

  1. First 17 year old?? Am I going to see you on the county jails website? ;) I also heard you got a beat down when it came to saying prayer for breakfast! Haha! I can't believe you've never rode a horse before! No wonder you had to have the girl one :) But I'm glad you had a good weekend!! :D

    ReplyDelete