January 6, 2009

Is it possible to have a good experience at Wally?


For those of you that don't know.. which is probably very few... There are a few things in this world that i absolutely hate with a passion! One of those things is the super store Walmart. I hate the store, I hate the people that shop there, i hate the employees, i hate the smell, i hate the checkout lines, I hate the self check out lines. Bassicly i hate everything about Walmart.. But more than anything, I hate that i cant stop going there! But something happened to me today!

Today as i was comming hom Ii realized that I needed some water and drinks for the pad... So i stopped by Wally World... From the instant second i placed my car tire on the parking lot i felt like i was in some kind of paralell universe. First thing is i found a front row parking spot! This alone was enough to make me wonder what was going on... But it didnt stop there!

When i walked in the front door i was expecting the grumpy old man standing on a 1/4" rubber pad to mumble some kind of welcome to me... But that was not the case... It was a female... and a decently attractive one. As she gazed into my eyes and welcomed me, It put a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart! When i was getting my Dr Pepper and watter I had a few watters fall out of the bundle that i grabbed... Out of nowhere this kind old man started picking them up for me! He was earning that $8 he was being paid to support his famitly! As i got all the necesities i went to the front to check out which is usually a long drawn out experience that no man wishes to experince. I went to the front and just like i guessed.... long lines. That warm fuzzy feeling that had been with me from when i walked in was starting to deminish! All of a sudden i looked over and right there was something that you NEVER see at wally world! It was a completly open lane! There was not a soul in the line! There had to be a reasonable explination for this. As i walked by i notinced that, indeed it was open.. But it was a self check out line and we all know that you are bound to have 2-3 errors per item. But it was better then standing in line. So i continued to move towrd the self check out line. As i started checking out i was planning on having quite a few errors, expecially since i has some items that were unbagable that always makes me wait for assistance! As i was checking out my 10 items or so i succesfully scanned each product with out one single error coming up! It was a complete assistance free check out! As i was walking out i was reflecting upon the events that just happened when it hit me.... That was probably the only time i would experience a positive walmart experience! As i was walking out i inhaled deeply to intake the one time i had a good walmart experience! I know this will never happen again.. and i want to never go back just so i go out on top with a positive exerience.... But then again i start to realize that i will alwasy go back, and that just pisses me off again that i cant loosen myself from the chains that Walmart binds around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment