April 8, 2009

Like Kids In A Candy Store

So this year I celebrated my 25th birthday! For the first time in my life I felt old, the first time ever I felt like my dad always said about me! And i don't like it, I miss being a kid. And even though 25 really isn't that old and i am still in the prime of my youth, I still like from time to time like to go back in time... And today was the best day that i have had in years.

When i was a wee lad me and my family lived over in Orem over on center street. One of my favorite placed to go when i was a toddler was a place called Chuck-e-Cheese! And i had not been there since i was 8 or 9.

This is the last week before I leave for Boston, I have been saying goodbye and hanging out with a few of my close friends. Today I hung out with my good friend Megan, and we visited that place that I used to love as a kid. Chuck-e-Cheese!


Today was the best day of my life, from the time we walked in there was a special magical feeling in the air. The music, sounds, smell... Everything about the place reminded me of my time as a young kid! As we sat down to enjoy our pepperoni and olive pizza, we watched the show of chuck himself and his friends sing to us. Then we went to play some games, and ride some rides. With $10 in tokens we had hours of fun. Ski Ball, Shooter, Basketball... and much much more! Every ticket that we won we donated to the cutest kid in the room at the time. Each time the kid would smile and get all excited like we gave them gold!


Then the last thing we did before we left was have chuck-e-cheese sketch a photo of the great time we had! It took a few takes but we finally got Megan to not laugh and hold the pose!


I would have to say that this was by far the best experience i have had in a long time. Some people may mock me, say that it is not fun, but those people are stupid! Even though maybe most the games were not made for people over the age of.... 10! It was fun to just go out and do something different!

2 comments:

  1. Classic Brandon! Love that place! Of course I haven't been there in ages...I even think we went there together with our families for a b-day haha! glad you guys had a good day! Have fun in Boston! And goodluck!

    ReplyDelete