March 26, 2009

Living in a girls world!!

... I am blessed to have some wonderful friends in this world... That are willing to do some wonderful things for me! And I appreciate every kind act that comes my way. Recently I discovered that one of my better friends had a hidden talent of knitting! I didn’t think that anyone under the age of 65 even had that talent... I would like to take a min to introduce Wits Knits!!

Founded by young entrepreneur Whitney Lynch, Whits Knits has been around for years. At the young age of 19 Whitney has successfully knitted hundreds of beanies, sweaters, blankets, place mats and much much more! She picked up this talent as she watched Nana Lynch knitting and was quickly fascinated. Her work has been locally agnologed by many and look to as some of the better knits in the whole Utah Valley. I personally have received many knitted goods from Whit in many different styles, and give my Turpy stamp of approval on her work. You can find more about Ms. Lynch at her facebook profile here!

Now even though the work is top quality and unbeatable, you still have to be careful what you are ordering. Recently I got a new white knitted beanie from Whits Nits! I love it! Thick, soft, comfortable, warm... I couldn’t ask for anything better. But tonight I realized that there were some out there who did not appreciate the work as much

 as I and did not like it as much. Tonight we went ou

t on the town a little. Went bowling at Fat cats and got some Frozen Yogurt at Red Mango. To these events I was clothed in the new white knitted beanie that I received form Whits Nits. And I was loving life... But that soon changed toward the end of the night. When we walked into Red Mango the girl at the counter seemed upset that we would enter the facility 15 min before they closed! She mumbled something under her breath which I don’t even want to know what was said! As we were eating the less then good frozen yogurt a conversation came up about my wonderful beanie! As I was bragging up my beanie by BFF brandtly decided to ask a few girls there if they liked the beanie. The problem was h

e went to the girl at the counter that didn’t even want us in her store. He asked her what she thought... As I modeled the beanie for her the girl the first thing she said is... "I think its lame when guys wear hats when it’s not winter" Besides the fact that we did not ask if it was adequate weather for the beanie, and she didn’t answer the question. It was brutally rude! I looked at her and said... "Its 40 degrees outside!" As she realized that I had a point and that the beanie was appropriate for the weather she told me that it looked like a girls beanie. I was pissed! Who would say such a thing? Even if she didn’t like it you don’t say that to a complete stranger!! I had my friend Krista model it and she said that it looked better on her than me! At this

 point I was furious!! I wanted to drop a few swear words.. But I didn’t! I swallowed my pride and forgot about it!

So that’s it. A beanie I love and a girl I don’t... which to I believe? My instinct or someone else’s? After many many hours of contemplation of what I should do I have decided to leave it up to you! You tell me if it looks good or if I should give it to my sister? Vote below! At the end I will do whatever the general public tells me to do... I am leaving my fashion future in your hands. The only thing I ask is you think deeply before making a decision! Thanks







3 comments:

  1. Brandon...I'm sure it looked great. The girl was just pissed you guys came in so close to closing time and was being a cow. Anyways...rock on with the beanie...in 40 degree weather...haha. And I hope you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turpy, we should see if she is a snot - off the clock! haha. You look pimp in it, girl beanie or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon, I like the beanie. For a guy!! You're lookin MIGHTY FLY in that thing!

    ReplyDelete